Best Printer for Laptop
Are you shopping for the best printer for the laptop? Wireless and all-in-one printers remain the most suitable options. However, they are becoming popular as many people consider laptops instead of desktop computers. This is because laptops are portable to complement one with a lightweight printer. But still, you can find a few printers that require a physical connection.
Nevertheless, finding the right printer can be stressful if it’s your first, as the market is flooded with numerous printer dealers. And because we understand more about printers, here is a list of great options and a buying guide to take you through the buying process.
Best Printer for Laptop Comparison Table
|1.||HP Deskjet 3755 Printer||Connectivity Wi-Fi: Cloud Printing|
Product Dimensions: 6.97 x 15.86 x 5.55 inches item
Weight: 5.13 pounds
Functions: Print, Scan, Copy
Print speed: 8 ppm black, 5.5 ppm
Color Resolution: 1200 x 1200dpi
|2.||HP Deskjet 2755e||Product Dimensions: 16.7 x 11.97 x 6.06 inchesItem |
Weight: 7.55 pounds
Functions: Print, scan, copy
Print speed : 7.5 ppm black, 5.5 ppm
Color Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi w/ self-reset
|3.||Canon PIXMA MG3620 Inkjet Printer||Product Dimensions: 12 x 17.7 x 6 inchesItem |
Weight: 11.9 pounds
Connectivity Technology: Wi-Fi,
USBFunction: Print, Copy, Scan
|4.||HP Envy 6055 Printer||Connectivity Technology: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, |
USBFunctions: Print, copy, scan,
photoPrint speed: 10 ppm black, 7 ppm color
Product Dimensions: 20.14 x 17.03 x 5.2 inchesItem
Weight: 11.5 pounds
|5.||Canon PIXMA TR150 Printer||Connectivity Technology: Wi-FiProduct|
Dimensions: 12.7 x 7.3 x 2.6 inchesItem
Weight: 11.6 ounces
|6.||Epson Expression Home XP-5100 Printer||Connectivity Technology: Wi-FiProduct |
Dimensions: 19.8 x 14.8 x 7.4 inchesItem
Weight: 12.1 pounds
|7.||Pantum P2502W Laser Printer||Connectivity Technology: Wi-Fi, USB 2.0|
Connectivity: Hi-Speed USB 2.0; WiFi 802.11b/g/n
Product Dimensions: 13.27 x 8.66 x 7.01 inchesItem
Weight: 12.57 pounds
|8.||HP Neverstop 1202w Mono Laser Printer||Connectivity Technology: Wi-Fi|
Product Dimensions: 14.98 x 11.55 x 11.3 inchesItem
Weight: 19.25 pounds
Function: Print, Scan, Copy
Leading 10 Best Printer for Laptop Reviews
1. HP Deskjet 3755 Printer
Meet HP Deskjet 3755, a great portable printer for laptops. Save space with this compact printer that can print, scan and copy. Again, it is such a multifunction printer with an icon LCD to maneuver around the menu for fast operations.
In addition, it is never a loss to have this printer as it comes with other impressive features like wireless connectivity, an auto document feeder, and Ethernet networking to make printing, scanning, and copying easy. Get a touch of this small wireless printer for laptop computers. Most of all, it prints color in 10 seconds.
- Capabilities: The HP Deskjet printer can scan, print, and copy to avoid buying several machines. Also, it allows wireless printing. You find a resolution of 1200 x 1200dpi perfect for text printing. Also, you will get clear and sharp charts, images, and graphs 4800 x 1200dpi color printing.
- HP Smart App: HP smart app allows you to operate your printer from the palm of your hand. You can scan from your smartphone or print from Dropbox, Google Drive, or iCloud. Also, it helps you order toner from a phone.
- LCD Touchscreen: LCD provides an area to see all the printer functions- an easier and faster way to print, scan, and copy.
- HP Instant Ink: It is advisable to enroll in HP instant ink to enjoy four months of free delivery at your doorstep. Have a plan to avoid running out of ink on your printer.
- Quality prints
- Can scan, copy and print
- Four months of free ink delivery
- Compact design
- LCD screen display
- It doesn’t print both sides
2. HP Deskjet 2755e Printer
Do you need a printer that is compatible with your laptop? HP Deskjet 2755e is one of the printers for laptop computers. Besides, it’s a printer that can print, scan and copy. Again, this small printer comes with intelligent features that can make operations fast and straightforward.
Also, it’s a wireless device allowing visual printing, not forgetting the HP smart app for mobile printing. Moreover, it is easy to set up if you follow the instructions carefully. Also, you’ll never run out of ink as it includes six months ink supply.
- Multifunctional Printer: HP is an all-in-one printer (Deskjet 2755e) that can print, scan and copy. This saves you from congesting your workplace with a variety of machines.
- HP Smart App: The HP smart app makes things easier and fast when printing, scanning, or copying directly from your phone.
- Wireless Connectivity: Check out the Wi-Fi and self-reset for reliable connections with your laptop. Also, it enables you to print, scan or copy from any place.
- Instant Ink: With the instant ink subscription, you’ll never run out of ink. They do deliver free ink on your doorstep for the first six months.
- Free ink for six months
- Wireless connectivity
- Easy to set up
- It’s a multifunctional printer
- HP smart app
- It doesn’t come with a USB cable
3. Canon PIXMA MG3620 Inkjet Printe
If you are looking for the best printer for a laptop, the Canon PIXMA printer MG3620 is perfect. However, it’s a wireless machine that guarantees one virtual printing. So, you do not have to keep your laptop around the printer.
The printing experience and simplicity are overwhelming as this printer allows duplex and mobile printing. Again, it comes with a super speed of 9.9 images per minute for black and 5.7 ppm for color. Moreover, it’s such a convenient printer because its lightweight and compact design make it occupy less space.
- Mobile Printing: The Canon PIXMA MG3620 is an inkjet printer equipped with various applications to print from your tablet, Android, iPhone, or iPad.
- Auto Duplex Printing: This fantastic feature enables you to print two-sided documents. The best way you can save paper usage.
- Wireless Connectivity: You can consider this device’s built-in wireless connectivity to allow printing from anywhere. You will not have to be near the printer always.
- Capabilities: MG3620 has powerful printing options like NFC, Mopria, Google Cloud Print, Canon Print, and AirPrint. Still, you can scan and copy. The printing speed is 9.9 ppm for black and 5.7 ppm for color.
- Great printing speed
- Duplex printing
- Good tray capacity
- A variety of printing options
- Mobile and wireless printing
- Paper jam
4. HP Envy 6055 Printer
Captivate your printing experience by using this superb small printer for a laptop. Perfect for family use, this is an all-in-one printer that can scan, print, and copy documents and photos. With this printer, you can never run out of ink as delivery is ever done to your door-the best way you can save through this HP instant ink subscription.
Through the HP smart app, you can connect the printer to other devices to enable remote scanning and sharing of images and documents. The self-healing Wi-Fi also reduces interactions when using this printer. Also, it works perfectly with Alexa.
- HP Smart App: You only need to download this app and connect to Wi-Fi. Thus, you’ll be able to share this hp envy printer with other devices around you. This is one of the best laptop-compatible printers you can use to print virtually.
- Versatile Printer: Consider this all-in-one printer that can print, scan and copy. It’s a device that can perfectly serve you within your home and even office. Again, it allows duplex printing that can save you from paper usage.
- Better Prints: The quality of the prints is high, and even you can have borderless photos and documents. The speed and resolution of the printer are excellent.
- HP instant ink: Never run out of ink with this printer. You need to pay for HP instant ink delivery service for timely ink delivery.
- It’s an all-in-one portable printer for laptop computers
- Connects wirelessly
- Easy to use
- Borderless prints
- Two-sided printing
- You can’t fax using HP Envy 6055
5. Canon PIXMA TR150 Printer
Get to know Canon PIXMA TR150- a portable printer for laptops best for home and office use. Besides, it is the best printer for any professional who is ever on the move. This is because of its lightweight and compact design. Still, you can print documents without connecting to an AC outlet.
Also, it comes with an LK-72 battery pack for convenient quality printing of flyers and borderless photos. Again, it’s a speedy printer enabling wireless printing from laptops, smartphones, and computers. You can print any of the five custom templates on cloud2.
- Wireless Mobile Printing: This is the right printer as it allows wireless mobile printing if you are always on the go.
- Highly Portable: You can move with this printer to any place because of its lightweight and compact design. You can have it on your backpack or bag when locating for business.
- Wireless Options: It comes with wireless options like Mopria, Google cloud print, canon print app, and Apple AirPrint to print directly from your laptop, smartphone, and other mobile devices.
- LK-72 Battery: You can consider buying this printer for convenient purposes when moving and you have some printing tasks.
- A variety of wireless options
- Highly portable
- OLED display
- It’s a speedy printer
- Five custom templates
- You can’t print without Wi-Fi
6. Epson Expression Home XP-5100 Printer
Are you looking for an outstanding home printer? Epson Expression Home XP-5100 can be a perfect pick for your laptop. Equipped with convenient features, this printer can fulfill all your printing needs. Save paper and even time as it allows duplex printing.
Again, it is a celebrated portable printer for laptop computers for creating personalized projects. The paper tray has enough capacity, so you’ll not have to reload frequently. The LCD and other features make operations fast and straightforward. Moreover, its printing speed is 14ppm black and 7.5 ppm color.
- Capabilities: Enjoy using XP-5100-a speedy printer to print, scan and copy. You can do all this using the 2.4″ color LCD. The 14 ppm black and 7.5 ppm color speed makes operations fast without worrying about the volume of the task.
- Quality Outputs: Produce outstanding personalized projects using this wireless printer for laptops. The tray has enough capacity to hold 150 sheets at ago. So you will not have to feed it regularly.
- Duplex Printing: If you want to save on paper, consider this printer that accepts double-sided printing.
- Mobile Printing: XP-5100 is equipped with Wi-Fi Direct (3), so you can connect it with your laptop, iPad, iPhone, smartphone, or tablet. You do not need any network for it to operate.
- Allows duplex printing
- The speed is superb
- Fast mobile printing
- Quality prints
- Not the best option for professionals
- It doesn’t support USB connectivity
7. Pantum P2502W Laser Printer
Pantum P2502 is a laser printer bringing out convenience and efficiency when printing. Besides, it is one of the laptop-compatible printers with a compact and sleek design for portability reasons. Also, it occupies a small space, be it in an office or home.
The printing speed of 28 ppm for black and white gives you courage if you have many tasks. Moreover, the USB and Wi-Fi connectivity assures undisturbed mobile printing. So you’ll have to place your laptop around the print when printing.
- Design: This printer’s compact and sleek design enables it to take the least space on any working surface. So, you can carry it to any place if you are a professional. Again, the metal frame structure contributes to its long life span.
- Function: Pantum P2502W Laser Printer has a single function of printing documents and photos at 22ppm black and 22ppm white.
- Connectivity: You can connect this printer through speedy USB or WIFI if you love mobile printing. With the help of the Pantum app, you connect with any android system.
- Warranty: Purchase without worries as it comes with a one-year warranty if the printer doesn’t meet your expectations.
- Sleek and compact design
- High speed
- Wireless and USB enabled
- Mobile printing
- High printing speed
- It can’t perform with the chrome system
8. HP Neverstop 1202w Mono Laser Printer
HP Neverstop 1202 is a multifunction laser printer for printing, scanning, and copying. It’s a printer with 5000 pages before reloading your first toner. The printing speed of 21 ppm is perfect for handling business tasks.
Further, it is equipped with HP smart app, which simplifies mobile printing and scanning. Also, you are sure of less interruption when operating this printer as it comes with a reloadable tonner tank. Besides, it is smaller and portable with an environmental footprint to perform tasks from anywhere.
- Networking Capabilities: HP Neverstop 1202w comes with Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet. Also, the intelligent app enables you to print or share photos directly from your mobile devices or PCs. Still, you can use this app to copy or scan a document to your printer from your mobile device.
- High Speed: This small wireless printer for a laptop can print 21 pages within a minute or finish a 150-sheet paper tray.
- Eco-label Certification: The HP Neverstop 1202w is an environmentally friendly printer. It is ahead of the other brands.
- Includes: The box got an HP Neverstop 1202w printer, support flyer, power cord, USB cable, reference guide, reinstalled HP original imaging drum(black), setup guide, warranty guide, toner reload kit (sold separately), and a regulatory flyer.
- It comes with 5000 pages of toner
- Wireless printing
- High printing speed
- Energy efficiency
- It has a LED control panel
- It doesn’t come with a paper drawer
HP Deskjet 3755 is our top pick according to our research. This is because of its excellent resolution of 4800 x 1200dpi, perfect wireless connectivity, and ability to operate with Alexa.
Best for Professionals:
If you need a printer for professional use and mainly use a laptop, HP Envy 6055 Printer is ideal. This is because it works perfectly with Alexa, prowess printing, and excellent mobile printing.
Perfect for Home Use:
Epson Expression Home XP-5100 is one of the best printers for laptop computers ideal for home use. You can create personalized from your laptop because of the many impressive features like wireless connectivity, large capacity tray, and high performance.
Ultimate Considerations When Buying a Printer for a Laptop
You may have a challenge choosing the best printer for your laptop because of the many options listed above. Check out the factors you need to consider to help you buy a relevant printer for your laptop.
Type of Printer
There are different printers available in the market- inkjet and laser. Besides, it is advantageous to differentiate between these two and how they operate. Inkjet printers are celebrated for printing super-quality images. So, they are the best for business but remember they are slower than laser printers.
In comparison, laser printers are best for home use because of their superiority in printing texts.
If you are shopping for a printer for your laptop, it is wise to consider a wireless one. And because of this, you must confirm if it supports AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, or Wi-Fi. It would be best to have a printer with unique wireless connectivity options to have a great printing experience. Again, you can go for a cheap wired printer but check if it supports USB.
Another consideration is the speed of the printer. You do not have to own a slow printer unless you buy one for home use. However, if you are purchasing it for business, it is advisable to for a faster one. This saves you time if you have volumes of tasks.
The size of your preferred printer for your laptop matters a lot. Laptops are portable, so finding a lightweight printer with a compact design is vital. You may be working in a small office or always on the move. Find one that doesn’t compromise your work.
When shopping for a printer, it is crucial to consider the resolution that determines the quality of the outputs. It is beneficial to consider a printer with a higher resolution for clear and sharp prints.
How to Connect a Laptop to a Printer?
First, you must decide if you want to connect your laptop to a printer wirelessly or wired. Let’s see how you can connect your laptop wirelessly.
Connecting your printer to Wi-Fi is the first thing. If you do not know how to connect, you can use the instructions manual. But, you can use the WPS pairing button on your printer and router, where you only need to press or go to the wireless setting and follow the instructions on the screen.
It is good to ensure that your windows operating system adds your printer to your laptop. Next, make sure your printer driver is up to date. There are two ways you can update your printer driver-automatic and manual driver update.
If you want to connect a laptop to a printer using a cable, here is the procedure. Get out your suitable cable to connect your laptop to your printer. After connecting, your laptop will install a driver perfect for your printer. Then, update the driver either manually or automatically.
How to Use Printer with Laptop?
It is easy to connect a printer with a laptop. You can consider wireless connectivity or connect it using cables and start your printing direct.
Can You Use Any Printer with a Laptop?
Most of the current printers are connecting with laptops. This is because they support Wi-Fi and USB connection. The physical connection is not the only thing to confirm but also suitable software for your laptop. So, when choosing a printer, apart from physical connectivity, ensure your device got the right software to work with your preferred printer. So, not every printer can work with your laptop.
Do Wireless Printers Work with Laptops?
Yes, they do work perfectly. You can connect your wireless printer through USB or Ethernet ports. But, make sure the two devices are close to each other. Still, if your laptop is Wi-Fi enabled, you can connect them directly without cables. Read instructions on to connect wirelessly.
Can You Use a Canon Printer with an HP Laptop?
Yes, you can use a canon printer with your HP laptop. How? It is good to download and install the printer’s software (driver) into your laptop. Now you can connect the two devices through USB, Ethernet, or wireless. Through this, you will easily control your canon printer from the HP laptop.
Does a Wireless Printer Need Wi-Fi?
A wireless printer operates by using a wireless router. So, if you are using a wireless printer in your office, you need Wi-Fi to connect to PCs, laptops, and other mobile devices. With such a connection, you don’t need cables around.
Can I Connect a Wireless Printer with a USB Cable?
Yes, most wireless printers got USB ports for connectivity purposes. Such printers come with an interface to select your mode of receiving data. You’ll see the printer automatically changing into USB. Now, it’s time to connect the USB cable to your wireless printer. But ensure both devices are off when connecting the cable.
Do Wireless Printers Need Ethernet?
No, a wireless printer does not need Ethernet. Ethernet works the same way as WIFI when connecting a wireless printer with other devices. They are all for the transfer of data between two devices. But, some wireless printers come with an Ethernet port.
The best printer for a laptop assures you fast printing while occupying minimal space. Wireless printers are ideal for laptops as you can print from anywhere wirelessly. Besides, when buying one for business use, ensure it has a high resolution, good speedy connectivity, and is highly portable. But for home use, you can consider a cheaper one with little maintenance costs. But remember to have a printer that can fulfill your needs.
Leave a Reply